Hot stone massage is a form of massage therapy that follows the same principles of a regular Swedish massage with the addition of water-heated stones. The hot stones are used at key points on the body to promote deep muscle relaxation so the therapist can work more deeply and quickly to facilitate the release of muscle restrictions. Each hot stone massage therapy session provides a healing and effective experience that reduces stress, melts away tension, eases muscle stiffness, increases circulation and metabolism, and brings relief to chronic pain.
Diane’s therapy has helped me tremendously with pain in my neck and back. As a physician, I am impressed with her knowledge of anatomy. She knows how to work systematically on all of the muscle insertion points. Her treatments relieve pain and soreness, and have given me greater range of motion; this helps me do my job better as a surgeon. I do feel that her therapy is an important part of injury prevention and will help preserve my future career.
– Dr. J
Health Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- Help relax the body’s muscles and soft tissues
- Decrease pain and muscle spasms
- Improve circulation, flexibility, and range of motion
- Reduce chronic stress and tension
- Reduce stress, promote calmness, and increase relaxation
- Relieve pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpen tynnel syndrome, and other chronic conditions
- Increase flexibility in joints, aiding in easier mobility and movement
- Relieve pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles
- Help rid the body of toxins
- Lower blood pressure